With Halloween around the corner, I wanted to bang out a killer recipe using pumpkins. My sister introduced me to an amazing 2 ingredient no-churn ice cream. I decided to put my own Autumnal spin on it. It is so freaking easy to make, and crazy delicious.
Before reading ahead, click play.
**Feel free to click on the red links for photo references**
Recipe makes approx. 1.5 pints of Ice Cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2.5 cups of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (plus extra for optional garnish)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- If you are making fresh pumpkin puree, get a small pumpkin, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds/guts and roast in the even on 350 degrees for approx. 20 mins or until soft. Once cool, scoop out the filling (If it is too stringy, blend it until it is smooth).
- in a bowl, mix together condensed milk, 1 cup pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, ground nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, maple syrup and 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, pour in 2.5 cups of heavy cream, and whisk using an electric whisk/stand mixer. Whisk until the cream has a stiff/pillowy consistency (should not be liquid)
- Gently fold in the pumpkin/condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream and mix until smooth
- Pour mixture into a freezer safe container (I used an 8″ loaf pan) and place a piece of wax paper on top to keep ice crystals from forming on top. Freeze for at least 4 hours
- As a textural garnish, I candied some shelled and de-shelled pumpkin seeds: Place 1/4 cup of seeds in a sautee pan on medium low heat. lightly brown/toast seeds before adding 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp water, pinch of cinnamon and pinch of salt. Once sugar has disolved, place on a tray and let cool.
- Garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon and/or pumpkin seeds and enjoy 🙂