The holidays are approaching, and that means its dinner party season. This recipe has become one of my favourite (and easiest) things to add to the holiday table. It is a jam made with onions and pomegranates (which are so amazing this time of year). Like any kind of jam or chutney, there are a buttload of ways to consume this deliciousness. I love it on top of toasted baguette with goat cheese. Eat it, and be merry.
**Feel free to click on the red links for photo references**
- 3 Red Onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup of Pomegranate molasses (substitute: 1/3 cup balsamic reduction)
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Set the oven to 350. In a baking dish, mix together red onions, pomegranate molasses, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil and salt.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour
- Remove from oven and add pomegranate seeds
- Enjoy (yup, its that easy) 🙂