I took a small holiday break, and I’m happy to be back online to post some new, fun recipes.
To kick off the new year, I have a simple and delicious vegan fresh pasta. If your new years resolution is to lose weight, consume at your own discretion.
**Feel free to click on the red links for photo references**
Recipe makes approx. 2-3 servings.
- 2 cups semolina flour (Substitute: all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl or stand mixer, mix together flour, water, 1/2 tbsp olive oil and salt.
- Knead the dough by hand for at least 5 minutes.
- Make a ball with the dough. Lather it with the remaining olive oil and wrap in plastic wrap. Let rest for at least 45 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, cut the dough into 4 approximately even pieces. Run the dough through a pasta roller or roll by hand until it is thin and translucent (light can pass through)
- Cut the pasta into strips of desired thickness. In the images, I made pappardelle (approx. 3/4″ in width).
- If you are storing the pasta, you can hang each strand and let them air dry, or you can arrange them into bundles, while liberally sprinkling with more flour (to keep pasta from sticking together)
- Cook desired amount of pasta in salted boiling water for approx. 1-2 minutes. If you cook it much longer than this, it will become mushy in texture.
- Enjoy with sauce, cheese, veggies or whatever else your heart desires 🙂