Garam masala is an Indian spice blend that includes ground cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin, pepper, ginger, coriander, cardamom and bay leaf. They’re all flavours that lend themselves well to earthy fall flavours and produce.
When I came across these adorable baby carrots while shopping yesterday, I knew that this spice blend would work well with the carrots without being overpowering. This would make a fantastic side dish for Thanksgiving or a holiday dinner.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15-20 small carrots, peeled and cleaned
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. in a bowl, mix together olive oil, garam masala, brown sugar, garlic and salt.
- Coat the carrots in the mixture until fully covered. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for approx. 45 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving. Enjoy 🙂