Happy Holidays, Chag Sameach, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah and Seasons Greetings!
This dish is perfect to share with loved ones during the holidays seasons. Its also tasty with the perfect amount of festive. Make a big batch of it and enjoy it all winter long 🙂
**Feel free to click on the red links for photo references**
- 3-4 slices of day old bread, cubed (approx. 3 cups of cubed bread)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk (light cream works, too)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 figs, quartered
- Mix quartered figs with honey and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake on top rack on 350F for approx. 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Pour melted butter over bread cubes and set aside.
- In a bowl, wisk together eggs and sugar until the egg has turned into a buttery colour. Add the milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon to the egg mixture and whisk it all together.
- Pour mixture over bread and lightly push down bread to ensure all the bread soaks up the liquid. Let the mixture sit for approx 15 – 20 minutes.
- Once the figs have cooled and the bread is done soaking the liquid, add the figs to the bread and carefully mix. Fill ramekins evenly with the mixture (distribute any extra liquid into each ramekin equally).
- Bake at 350F for approx. 45 minutes until pudding rises and is lightly golden. Enjoy 🙂