Hope everyone is keeping warm through the holidays. Tis’ the season for parties and lots of food. This is a dish that I have brought to a couple potlucks during the holidays. Its easy, tasty and festive. Brussels sprouts are in peak season so I love to use them as much as I can through December. I’ve seen some variations of this dish, with dried cranberries, but I really love the tartness of fresh ones.
** Feel free to click on the red links for photo references **
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp soft goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. While the oven preheats, mix together balsamic, sugar, salt and olive oil.
- Toss brussels sprouts, cranberries and onions in balsamic mixture. Place in a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. At the 20 minute mark, toss mixture and place back in the oven (so the dish doesn’t dry out).
- Serve with goat cheese (optional) and garnish with chopped walnuts. Enjoy 🙂