It has been a mere 559 days since I last posted, but I’m pretty sure you weren’t keeping track, so lets just pick up where I left off.
Ceviche. Its a South American dish that normally contains raw fish that is cured or “cooked” in citrus juice. Its actually quite genius, and though my vegan version doesn’t contain any seafood, it does have a cool citrusy flavour that is perfect for hot weather.
**Feel free to click on the red links for photo references**
- 1 young coconut, meat scooped out
- 5 hearts of palm, sliced (approx. 5-10 mm thick)
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp jalapeño, minced
- Lime zest
- Clean coconut meat and cut into pieces in similar size to the sliced hearts of palm.
- Mix together coconut, hearts of palm, mango, tomato, onion and jalapeño with lime juice. Add salt to taste
- Let mixture marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Put in a bowl – garnish with lime zest and serve with corn chips. Enjoy 🙂