With the sun shining and weather becoming more pleasant in my city, I wanted something refreshing and sweet to enjoy on my balcony.
Though none of these fruits/veggies are in season right now, I have had these over the last couple weeks from my local whole foods, and they have all been so extremely delicious, even off season – though if you’re not as lucky as me, I would recommend making this sometime between July – September.
The sweet fruit and veg with the acidity from the vinegar is literal perfection paired with the mild and creamy burrata. I could eat this all day every day.
**Feel free to click on the red links for photo references**
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced (nectarines could work, also)
- 1.5 lbs of Tomatoes, sliced (I used 2 small tomatoes and 20 cherry/grape tomatoes)
- 1 cob of corn, kernels cut off
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ball of burrata
- whisk together red wine vinegar, agave, evoo and salt.
- Toss tomatoes, peaches, corn and basil with the vinegar mixture and let marinated for 1-2 hours.
- Optional step: Toast some pine nuts on medium high heat until slightly browned. Let cool.
- Plate peach/tomato/corn mixture, including juices and top with burrata. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and fresh basil. Enjoy on its own or with some baguette 🙂