With the sun shining and weather becoming more pleasant in my city, I wanted something refreshing and sweet to enjoy on my balcony.
The sweet fruit and veg with the acidity from the vinegar is literal perfection paired with the mild and creamy burrata. This dish would be best served between July-September when the peaches, corn and tomatoes are in their prime season.
**Feel free to click on the red links for photo references**
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced (nectarines could work, also)
- 1.5 lbs of Tomatoes, sliced (I used 2 small tomatoes and 20 cherry/grape tomatoes)
- 1 cob of corn, kernels cut off
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ball of burrata
- whisk together red wine vinegar, agave, evoo and salt.
- Toss tomatoes, peaches, corn and basil with the vinegar mixture and let marinated for 1-2 hours.
- Plate peach/tomato/corn mixture, including juices and top with burrata. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and fresh basil. Enjoy on its own or with some baguette 🙂